Where To Buy 2020 Yamaha 40 HP F40LA Outboard Motor For Sale Online Near Me
Reliability & Durability
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Midrange four-stroke engines.
- Advanced Technology: The F40 and F30 are equipped with an Engine Control Module that interfaces with Yamaha Diagnostic System software. This provides a view of selected past and current running conditions, to help technicians provide a complete and accurate diagnosis of your engine.
- Protection from the Elements: A proven one-piece cowling with an intake air drain system easily and efficiently drains water away that enters the cowling. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that help trap water before it enters the engine’s intake for maximum reliability.
- Cleaner Fuel: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor is used in conjunction with the Yamaha optional boat-mounted 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter. This helps separate water and contaiminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors.
Convenience & Control
- Control and Comfort: Our optional, award-winning Multi-Function Tiller handle features a Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®). It allows for precision trolling speed adjustments in 50-RPM increments. Compatible with all Midrange models.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
- Power Trim and Tilt: Power trim and tilt models provide a trim range of -3 up to +20 degrees. This brings the bow of the boat up, for better hole shot and top speed and a smoother ride.
Model Specific Features
- Available for mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 214 pounds
- Available in a 20” shaft
- Powerful 17-amp alternator
- Optional Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) via our Multi-Function Tiller Handle, Command Link® tachometer or new helm-mounted remote VTS switch
- Engine Type: 3 cyl
- Displacement: 747cc
- Bore x Stroke: 65 x 75mm (2.56 x 2.95 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 40hp at 5500rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 17 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 97 kg (214 lbs) – 101kg (223 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 6
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: DPR6EB-9
- Alternator Output: 17 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.7L/1.5L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.00:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20″
- Degree of Tilt: 20°
- Degree of Trim: -3° through +20°
- Dry Weight: 97 kg (214 lbs) – 101kg (223 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: N/A
- Steering Angle (maximum): 40° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial
There are no reviews yet.